Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh the differences in ages and stages

Teen: Bye Mom! Bye Dad! We'll be back at such and such.
Little: Can we do something special and have a picnic in the backyard?

Teen: I think living in Switzerland, Australia or any other country in the world would be so cool.
Little: I am never going to move away or I'm going to live next door to you.

Teen: Why do I have to come out of my room? I like my space and privacy.
Little: Mommy, I just want to be where you are.

Teen: Dad do you have to go to that activity with us?
Little: I'm going to marry Daddy when I grow up.

Teen: No, Little, you can't have that candy now.
Little: when I grow up, I'm going to let my kids have all the candy they want whenever they want it.

and the rare, sweet similar words:
Teen: Mom, thanks for raising me the way you did.
Little: You're the best mommy in the whole world.

*all the quotes referenced above are actual statements or combinations of statements made in our household. They may not be exact b/c, well I'm a middle aged mom whose quickly losing brain cells and memory, but their meanings and intentions have remained intact.

1 comment:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)