Thursday, October 1, 2009

It is officially now safe to eat Chili

Today's blog is especially for my dear friend in CT. You might have noticed a reference to chili in an earlier blog.

You see this poor misguided friend attempted to eat chili in the summer time. She casually asked one day if she could make chili one day in July. She was uncertain given its cold weather food nature. I warned her that Chili season began on October 1 and eating it any earlier would be at great risk. She did not heed my warning.

To her dismay, later that day, she injured her back moving furniture. Coincidence? I thought not but alas my poor misguided friend did not believe me and tempted fate again a couple weeks later.

I can't even begin to remember all the peril she faced that day as a consequence to her reckless chili eating behavior but I do remember it involved a child locked in a bathroom; a husband climbing through a window to rescue him and getting stuck in the bathroom too; a door being removed from its hinges; and an out of town grandfather arriving at the moment of total chaos.

I can assure you my friend was much more careful with her chili habits after that day's adventures. Recently she tempted her fate again and was fortunate enough to fool the chili calendar. It was however in the 60's that day in spite of its being September.

So my dear misguided CT friend, I hope you fix yourself a huge pot of chili today and eat heartily and enjoy. You are now safe until next May 26 when again, you must cease and desist your chili making for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Mwahahahahahahahahaha . . . your chili warning has been noted and will be taken under consideration. LOL

    ReplyDelete

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)