Thursday, October 15, 2009

Humble Pie

Today's post is for my children. I think they read my blog - someone's got to make sure that I'm not revealing too many embarrassing stories about them, like the first time Swan made pancakes and........ oops, better not go there.

Anyway, like most teens and children I'm sure, mine do not always do their chores thoroughly or up to my standards. Lately it seems as if they never do and lately I've been extra grumpy about it.

Well the Lord has a way of humbling a grumpy mom sometimes and reminding her that all have sinned and no one is perfect so that perhaps she will have a little more compassion, and a little less grumbling, in the training of her children to do their chores well and to meet the standards.

I submit to you the evidence: Day One, Frog forgot to turn on the dishwasher after dinner so I had dirty dishes the next morning. Day Two, Swan did the same thing. I of course railed against them.

Day Three and Day Four, I did the dishes.

Guess who forgot to turn on the dishwasher?

1 comment:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)