As a homeschooler, we use a variety of curriculum. This year, we have opted to go with a math curriculum published by a Christian company. Sprinkled throughout their lessons are puzzles involving bible verses. The correct answers are often coded with letters which the girls then use to answer the puzzle or fill in the blank. Their answers must be correct or the verse will make no sense.
There have been times I have suspected, the girls knowledge of bible verses has been more helpful to them on these puzzles than any actual mathematical endeavor. This suspicion was confirmed this morning when I entered the room and found one (I will not say which to protect the identity of the guilty party) looking for her bible. Today's puzzle was a verse unknown to her and to break the code required solving a higher than usual number of math problems. She was hoping to give herself a BIG clue to get her started in determining which problems revealed the code.
I have to give her an A+ for creativity and problem solving strategies today. Her math grade may be another story.
There have been times I have suspected, the girls knowledge of bible verses has been more helpful to them on these puzzles than any actual mathematical endeavor. This suspicion was confirmed this morning when I entered the room and found one (I will not say which to protect the identity of the guilty party) looking for her bible. Today's puzzle was a verse unknown to her and to break the code required solving a higher than usual number of math problems. She was hoping to give herself a BIG clue to get her started in determining which problems revealed the code.
I have to give her an A+ for creativity and problem solving strategies today. Her math grade may be another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)