Today I took 2 hungry, very hungry, "we're going to starve right this minute" hungry girls to the commissary. I debated about my decision to do so. Should we eat at the food court before we go and save myself the hassle of begging girls or press forward and just shine up the mean mommy NO card?
I decided junk food from the food court was more evil than begging girls so got out my polishing cloth and started rubbing. Off we went.
As expected, they were asking for something in every single aisle. (I did say yes to the salad bar and some cocoa peanuts so my card is not as brilliant as it could have been.) However, upon returning home, I realized there are definite perks to taking hungry girls to the commissary.
Such an action transforms girls who may otherwise whine and not wish to make the multiple trips necessary to unload the car to develop super human grocery carrying strength and empty the "boot" of all its contents in one trip, thus ensuring they get to eat those salads ASAP.
I think I might just be on to something here.....
I decided junk food from the food court was more evil than begging girls so got out my polishing cloth and started rubbing. Off we went.
As expected, they were asking for something in every single aisle. (I did say yes to the salad bar and some cocoa peanuts so my card is not as brilliant as it could have been.) However, upon returning home, I realized there are definite perks to taking hungry girls to the commissary.
Such an action transforms girls who may otherwise whine and not wish to make the multiple trips necessary to unload the car to develop super human grocery carrying strength and empty the "boot" of all its contents in one trip, thus ensuring they get to eat those salads ASAP.
I think I might just be on to something here.....
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)