Sunday, September 7, 2014

Charity Shop Refurbs

I love perusing the charity shops.  Sometimes I really score.  Unfortunately my favorite one has realized that some of us were getting too many "scores" (like the antique table I paid £20) so their prices have shot up.  I was not deterred though.  I didn't get the same quality as before but I did get exactly what I needed...a cabinet for the girls china tea sets...for under $20 so I am content.

Before..definitely not English antique..just an interesting piece of laminate furniture that would suit my needs



After - sorry but I moved it before I took a photo and as its heavy, I opted to just leave it. It was my first endeavors with chalk paint. Verdict is still out. I will attempt one more project with the leftover paint before I decide.
It had screws and holes where something must have been attached to so I decided to attempt decoupage to hide them.  The verdict on that endeavor is...FUN!!
And voila, a china cabinet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)