
After 15 years of renting, to actually own our own home has been a lot of fun. We bought a beautifully, meticulously kept home and while it is no longer meticulously kept, it is even more beautiful imho. :) We have been gradually changing all our neutral white/ivory rooms to colors that make us happy.
The final project of 2009 was our basement (with a new carpet in the den thrown in.) The teens and some friends graciously painted the basement for me on Monday. What an adventure but I am happy with the results. My sterile white walls are now a warmer raffia cream color and the light colored worn out berber is now a brownish frieze. I am very happy with it.
I am thrilled with my den though. The white, yes white, berber that adorned the floor of the most walked on, and spilled on, carpet in my house, is now a beautiful frieze in darker colors. I am looking forward to many hours in that den now free of the stress of seeing a carpet which needs to be cleaned!
Now I'm hoping the fact that the house is not as meticulously kept as its previous owners won't be as obvious. :)
I have serious carpet issues myself! I am glad yours are g.o.n.e.
ReplyDelete