Thursday, August 28, 2014

The proper way to drink tea

Tea tastes ever so much better in a real china tea cup.  Its even better when the cup and saucer do not match, thus imitating tea in a proper tea shop in England.  And what makes this cup even better??  The story of how it came to be mine.

You see, I discovered the first truth above very quickly.  Bottom line:  my tea just wasn't tasting quite right in my Polish pottery mugs.  I knew I needed a tea cup. (My own china is in storage in the U.S. and would do me no good at all to remedy this problem.) So I began my quest to acquire one. For months and months, I scoured charity shops and the china shop in the BX for just the right cup and saucer but did not find it.  (I knew it would be right when it called me from its perch on the shelf.)

After about 6 months of looking, I went to a tea shop and saw this set's twin (or perhaps the long lost triplet?) and told my bosom buddy...who happened to be drinking from it at the time..that's the set I've been searching high and low for.  A couple weeks later, I went into the china shop on base and what did I hear but this cup and saucer (or maybe its twin, they are quite identical and I've yet to be able to tell them apart....you didn't think I'd leave one behind did you??) wearing an astonishly low cut £5 price tag and shouting my name.  After explaining to the shop owner why I was jumping up and down in pure joy, she informed me they'd been on the shelf for a whopping 15 minutes.

Obviously it was destiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)