Monday, August 11, 2014

Isn't that?


Why yes, it is Downton Abbey...but they prefer you call it by its proper name, Highclere Castle. I had the privilege of visiting with dear friends for a delightful day a few weeks ago.  Filming was taking place on the grounds.  Couldn't see anything but white tents and smoke so when the episode with a fire/smoke airs, I'll be able to say, "I was there that day!"

Last October, I had the joy of seeing Mr Darcy (who in my opinion was a bit tacky but it was Mr. Darcy nonetheless) and the gorgeous Pemberley (aka Lyme Park.)



Some days living overseas far away from my family and a very familiar culture are a bit difficult.  But then again, some days one just pinches one's self and asks, "is this really my life? How do I ever get to see so many cool things?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)