Sunday, August 10, 2014

Just a little role reversal going on around here

I know I'm of the age to be in the "sandwich generation." However, I'm quite blessed with youthful, healthful parents who do not yet require my assistance.  That does not however, mean I'm completely without experience of role reversal as a daughter or as a mother.

You see, my mother has a new kitten.   Miss Paisley is truly a gift from the skies to her..well at least from the tree from which she fell ..and now like the mother of a proud daughter with a newborn, I receive MANY photos of my mother's "baby."


And as the mother of a young adult, I am now reaping the blessings of raising Swan and am now the recipient of her care and concern. As I say goodbye to my best friend/neighbor here in the UK who has moved on to her next adventure, my sweet Swan has been praying for me and checking on me and offering me her love and support through my sadness.  Somewhere along the way, my daughter has become my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)