Well in another role reversal around here, my plums and apples are reversing roles this year. This is a scene from my kitchen last fall. It could have been any day within a few weeks span as it was almost daily for weeks on end. I put up over 2 dozen quarts of applesauce, gave away BAGS and BAGS of apples, and baked many pies and cakes, etc. This year I will be lucky to get one or two pies out of my harvest.
However, unlike last year when I only got about 2 pints of jam from my plum tree, this year I've made multiple plum cakes, copious amounts of chutney, plum jam (which would be better named preserves given their runny texture), plum breakfast bars in addition to giving away bunches of plums and gorging on them daily.
![]() |
| Plum cake and chutney |

No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)