Saturday, August 16, 2014

An elephant never forgets...

and apparently neither do my children....unless it involves chores I've asked them to complete that is.

A gazillion years ago, I made lemon bars. Well perhaps I should say, I tried to make lemon bars.  There was just one problem...I forgot to put in the lemon so they were really just "bars."  Even though I've made them countless times since that fateful day back in the dark ages, my children have never let me forget about the lemon bars without the lemon.

Tomorrow is a full day out and about, we are having company for dinner, and I will be making lemon bars for dessert.  Lest my distraction leads to a repeat of that day so long ago, I have insured that this time I will not forget the lemon. 

Too bad none of my older elephants will be around to have any.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)