Today we went to my parents for our annual Easter Egg Hunt. The girls have literally been asking "when is the next one?" since about May of last year. I think they look forward to it more than Christmas.
Pop-pop is quite the elaborate Easter Bunny. He fills eggs with candy, coins and notes. Some notes have dollar amounts; others, directions for prizes. Even Frog was included. His eggs were so well hidden that it took him longer to find 19 eggs than it took Sunshine and Sweetness to find 70+. His eggs were filled with money and candy.
Last week, when I was at my parents, Mom asked me if I'd like to take some Easter decorations home. I said "no thank you." Sooo today she had conned the Easter Bunny into putting notes that read "open a mystery prize" into some of the eggs. She had wrapped about 10 packages of Easter decorations. She thought she was so smart! (and she was!) But, she ought to know by now, I'm smarter. I knew defeat when I saw it so I agreed to take more decorations home with me....if I could take them home in Vera Bradley bags.
So now we're both happy, she because she has downsized a few more Easter decorations, and I, because I outsmarted my mom AND got two new bags. And the girls are happy. They loved the decorations and played with the little mini Easter ornaments the whole ride home, and only asked for a piece of candy once.
I have such great parents!
Happy Easter Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)