Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just a few things I have learned from being a mother

Yes, I am that kinda parent that makes my kids do things I swore I'd never make my kids do.

I thought I knew everything about being a mother BEFORE I had kids. Now I know I really knew nothing and its really just a matter of much time on my knees and flying by the seat of my pants a lot.

Disciplining a child really does hurt the parent too.

I now do things that I used to disapprove of other parents doing when I thought I knew everything about being a mother.

Every age my kids are, is my favorite age to parent. Each stages has its special joys and pains.

There actually is a time when you are glad to be beyond the baby stage.

When your child hurts, you hurt. It doesn't matter if they are 2, 12, or 20. (and I'm guessing even at 92, it'll be the same story.)

When your child is happy, your heart soars for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)