Apparently I have had that wrong. I didn't know it was a terrible faux pas to actually use the word "the" when speaking of Prom.
Just another difference between *The Proms* I attended in high school vs. PROM which Frog will attend in a few weeks.
THEN: The Prom
NOW: Prom
THEN: Sponsored by the junior class who spent months planning it and several days decorating the school gym for the big event.
NOW: I don't know who plans it but it's certainly not at the school, but a posh resort.
THEN: You could pay for it out of your part-time after school job.
NOW: Either your parents pay for it (unless you're our poor, deprived kid!) or you empty your savings account to buy the tickets, rent the tux, pay for dinner, corsage, and dinner out.
THEN: You wore pastel tuxes and Gunne Sax dresses.
NOW: You wear classic tuxes and slinky dresses.
THEN: You might have had a gourmet dinner with a bunch of friends at someone's house to help cut down on expenses and also to have a more party like feel.
NOW: Only the most idiotic of all parents would dare even suggest a thing. (don't ask me how I know.)
THEN: We had a great time.
NOW: That still remains to be seen, but I hope at least in that regards, it's still the same.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)