Friday, August 19, 2016

Because sometimes the Kool-Aid spills

Given my current IP obsession and all my posts singing its praises to get others to drink too, I feel its only fair, that I fully disclose that not all is perfect in the IP world.  I have had a few "misses".

In the spirit of full disclosure:

Our artichokes were disgusting and tough.  We ended up throwing them away.  Not to be discouraged though, I bought these babies and we will be trying again.  This time I will use the steam function and cook them a lot longer than the manual recommended as I suspect that was my problem.

I love eggs and avocado together. Avocado toast is a favorite breakfast so when a post for a baked avocado/egg popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook, I decided I had to try it.  I decided to attempt it in the IP.  Not a good move.  Can you say disgusting?

 I decided to give it a try again and decide if the problem was the IP or the actual dish itself.  This is the baked according to direction version.  Definitey prettier and a much better texture...but only slightly less disgusting in flavor.
 Final verdict:  Warm avocado is the culprit and is just a wrong, wrong, wrong way to eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell us what avocado toast is! With a recipe if possible!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado toast is just a slice of bread toasted with some avocado spread across it. Then I add a fried egg with semi-runny yolk on top. Add some salt and pepper and you've got yumminess!

    ReplyDelete

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)