I grew up in a small town and have never considered myself a city girl by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, the thought of city living makes me shudder. Give me nice small town living or even suburban living, but not city.
I thought that is what I found when we moved here. However, its a little more country than I anticipated. It was already a shocker to realize we do not have trash service unless we pay a private company or take it to the dump. Being the cheap, er, I mean frugal, people that we are, we drive it to the "dump". (Its not what we imagined and really isn't that bad.)
Well today I did a first...I burned yard waste in a burn barrel. We REALLY need a new one, the one left by the previous owner is pretty beat up, but a kind neighbor came over and told me it would work and taught me how to use it. So today, with my buckets of water on hand, my good stomping out fire shoes on foot, I burned a bunch of yard waste. Still have lots to go but I did make a dent.
So, do you think I should go buy some overalls now?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)