I have a good friend, JJ, who helped me find this house. In the spring, she patiently answered her phone daily as I called to tell her, I love my yard! Thankfully the people we bought the house from knew what they were doing, were meticulous gardeners and put in easy maintenance plants for the most part. Now we just have the job of keeping it up rather than inventing! With our busy lives (and serious lack of garden know-how) that's a blessing! (although next summer, I am going to be brave and tear out a flower bed and turn it into a vegetable garden)My yard has it all: lots of shade, woodsy areas and grassy areas to play in, and a swimming pool. Add to that a variety of beautiful bushes, trees and flowers and a screened in back porch with a swing to take it all in and we've practically got perfection. (weeds and bugs excepted!)
The porch that is so perfect for spending lazy afternoons chatting with friends, reading a good book, doing schoolwork and where we eat 95% of our meals in nice weather.
Mystery plants to discover - this one is Trillium
Our pond that is NOT next to the pool so I've been told by those to whom I improperly described its location in my yard. It is near the deck across from the pool. I currently have a dozen gold fish in it. I didn't think I'd care too much about having a pond in my yard but I have been surprised by how much I enjoy checking it each day and looking for those fish.


I love your yard, too! We made a good choice, didn't we? :-)
ReplyDeleteJJ
Yes we did. MWC concurs. :)
ReplyDelete