Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Following in his dad's footsteps

It is often said, that our oldest looks like his dad. In fact, that is why I will refer to him as Clone on this blog. However, it is our 2nd son (aka Frog for this blog) who wants to follow in dad's footsteps and loves everything military. This summer he spent 2 weeks in camping trips with Civil Air Patrol. The first was their general Encampment and the 2nd was to train to be certified to assist with Search and Rescue missions. He of course loved both and wants to go back next year.


Encampment had a wonderful Public Affairs staff that published photos daily of the cadets and their activities. Each day I eagerly checked that site for photos of Frog.I was not disappointed and found one almost daily. Here he is in line to view an A-10 if I remember correctly.




Check out that spiffy uniform. Here he is at the Grog Bowl at the Dining Out on the last evening. He was disappointed that it tasted good. Its served from a toilet bowl and is supposed to be gross. One is sent there for breaking the rules of protocol set for the evening. Frog's infraction: addressing the president directly rather than going through the VP.





Back home by the pool, he is studying his Civil Air Patrol handbook so that he can pass tests which enable him to progress in rank. Somehow I just can't see him studying algebra or science poolside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)