Monday, July 20, 2009

The awesomest birthday present - my family!

On my very first birthday, as in the day I was born, I was gifted with a loving, close-knit family. Yesterday on my birthday, which was a little higher number than first, I was given the same gift. I had a wonderful day at my parents with relatives I've not seen in who knows how long as we had a family reunion for my dad's side of the family and I actually lived close enough to attend now! It was a lot of fun.

The icing on the proverbial birthday cake to me though was my brother's family and my family all being together for the first time in about 5 years - no deployed MWC's and no Clone's off to college!

2 comments:

  1. years and years ago - so many I don't remember how many but I'm pretty sure I was still a kid or teen, Mom said Dad looked like a turtle. From then on, turtles have been the family mascot and they have bunches of them. The kids grabbed them for the picture.

    ReplyDelete

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)