Saturday, November 10, 2012

Choosing to be thankful

Some days you just gotta CHOOSE to be thankful because some days you just don't FEEL it.  Especially on a rainy, cold day on one side of the Atlantic Ocean while your lovely, talented daughter is on the other preparing for her junior piano recital that you are going to miss.

So today I choose to be thankful for this military life in spite of the distance...and the ocean... it places between my Swan and me on such an important day for her.

I am thankful for this life that has grown a strong marriage for MWC and me through all of its new beginnings, trials, and adventures.

I am thankful for this life that has enabled me to see much of the world.  I have been in 14 countries and 40 states.  Not all of these have been related to our military life, but I can assure you that the list would be
SIGNIFICANTLY shorter without it.

I am thankful for this life that has helped us to be a close knit family.  We've relied on each other through thick and thin and have always had each other when we've had to say good-bye to everyone else.

I am thankful for this life's contribution to my older children's independent, responsible characters.  They have faced hardships, challenges and adventures and grown into self-sufficient, capable young adults of whom I'm very proud.

I am thankful for this life and all the wonderful people it has caused me to meet and love over the years.

I am thankful for this life because it is so awesomely suited for MWC's talents and gifts, and has enabled him to serve our great country happily, proudly,  and well.

I am thankful for this life because it has provided us with a financially stable life with job security in a time of such economic hardship for many others.

I am thankful that MWC is able to be there for Swan so she has at least one parent for her recital.

And mostly I am thankful for this life because it has caused me to continually look to the Lord for my joy and contentment, when my real nature would without a doubt seek those things in the temporary things of this world.

So today, I CHOOSE to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)