Friday, September 28, 2012

So much for those plans..

27 years ago today, atop a beautiful mountain, MWC proposed and in a millisecond or less, I answered with a resounding YES!

We had a life plan all mapped out.  A life plan which did NOT involve his being an MWC or in the military.  I thought I was signing up for a reasonably calm, serene life married to a professional businessman with our 3 children (He'll tell you it was 2, but anyone who knows his memory will take my side on this!) within a few hours drive of our families.

Boy was that life plan thrown out..in a hurry too...less than 6 months after our wedding, our plans turned completely upside down and we were planning to run off 3000 miles from home to grad school for him to change careers.

3000 miles wasn't so bad. It would only be for 5 years and then we'd head back and pick up our life plan where we left off, living a few hours from our families, and start our family of 3 children. The only change would be instead being the wife of a businessman, I'd now be the wife of an MWC.

Again, our life plan and God's life plan were not the same.  While in grad school we got a head start on those 3 children and had 2, and we decided MWC should do his internship with the USAF.  It would only be 4 years and then we'd head back home living a few hours from our families and get on with a reasonably, calm serene life.

Well, we know how THAT 4 year plan worked out and how close we now live to our families.

So by now, I'm sure you get the picture.  I did not get the life I was expecting when I said YES on top of that mountain.

I got way better than I ever dreamed.

1 comment:

  1. I just love to read your blog posts Melissa. You know I have always really admired you. You are an amazing woman who can accomplish anything. You get more done than just about anyone I know. I also really love how you write from the heart.

    ReplyDelete

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)