Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

Okay, so maybe the "babe" in this context would take exception to the term "babe".  Especially given he's legally allowed to buy alcohol, is going to graduate from college in the spring, and towers over me, but I'm the mom and he was at one point, my baby and it is my prerogative (and my blog!)

"It's all part of growing up Mom."

(Don't you just hate it when your kid is right and you don't like it?)

This is what Clone told me when I was lamenting the fact that I will be 1000 miles away when he has surgery to heal his foot. Who will drive him to the hospital?  Who will wait in the waiting room for him?  Who will ask the doctors the important questions about post-op care?  Who will take care of him once he's back in his dorm? Who will care like me? 

Other than the last concern (for which I'm certain the answer is no one!)  Clone is blessed with good friends, and Swan, there to help him out. He's a mature, capable young man and he will take care of it. God will provide him with the people and answers that he needs to get through this.  He's out of my nest and learning to fly on his own.  My job now is to set back and see what the Lord has in store for him and trust Him even when trials and tribulations hit.  Praise Him, His wings of protection are much bigger than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)