Monday, July 18, 2011

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I could easily refer to Friday as The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  I might even be justified by a human perspective.  Emotionally, I'm still not totally recovered but I'm getting there. 

However, spiritually, I am thankful.  I do not know why Frog got stung by bees and reacted so badly I had to call 911.   Seeing the violent shaking resulting from the epipen shot he received in the ambulance still haunts me as do the nurses words, "you called just in time!"  I do not know why this happened the day he left for solo school to learn to be a pilot. 

Because of the drugs, he was not able to drive so I took him the 3 hours to get there once he was released from the ER.  We got him packed up, filled his prescriptions for medication he could take and still fly, and headed out the door.  He arrived an hour late but he did make it for his first evening of classes.   I dropped him off and the adrenaline which had kept me going all day crashed and the tears started falling.  I called MWC and told him I was not going to be able to drive the 3 hours home and would be home in the morning.  I checked into a hotel.

I do not know why while I was peacefully and drowsily watching a movie, MWC called to tell me that Clone had probably broken his foot and they were on their way to the ER.

2 boys and 2 ER runs in one day. One life threatening and the other while I'm too far away to do anything about it.  Emotionally distressing to stay the least. 

I do not know why these things both happened on the same day or even why they happened at all.  However, I do know that the Lord is sovereign over all things and He has a purpose and a plan for them.  I also know that even amidst the drama of the day,  I had a peace that can only be attributed to the Lord.  This is a HUGE sign of growth for me and for that I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)