Saturday, July 9, 2011

Frog has a penchant for wanting the newest and most fangled novelties on the market. (Hmm, kinda reminds me of a boy I grew up with, little brother!)

So, now that cross country season is starting again and he's in the market for new shoes, it's no surprise that he came across Vibram Five Finger shoes and knew he MUST have them.

He studied them, mapped out his strategy and approached me armed and ready with his request. (apparently, I'm the go to parent when you want something. I'm "easier" than MWC in such matters!)

Typically I would say no first, he'd wear me down, and I'd eventually say yes. This time, I was pretty impressed with what he was showing me, knew he needed new shoes anyway so they might as well be these and said yes without the traditional mother/son shopping dance.

I guess I was a little too easy for him and he missed the dance. Or he just really loves his brother. Or a little of both. Because not long after I said I would take him for a pair, he told me I should consider buying some for Clone as well. Clone has inherited my knee issues but has started running and Frog thought these would help him too. Normally, Clone is responsible for his own shoes and clothes purchases, but Frog thought I should make an exception.

Swan, without realizing Frog was already on the campaign, apparently has the same affection for her big brother and presented the same case on Clone's behalf.

So, now I have two sons sporting the funniest looking shoes ever but both LOVE them.

They are happy. I am happy too. Not just because I've been able to bless my boys with things they love, but even more importantly, seeing the good friends my older children have become and seeing how they want to help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)