Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweetness blossoms

In September 2009, we enrolled Sweetness in a tutorial service. She attends classes 2 days a week with other homeschooled students and I school her at home the other 3.

On that first day, I dropped off an excited but very,very scared little girl. She has never liked being away from me and this was a HUGE step for her. That first day went fine. Her teachers said she was very quiet and didn't talk much but she didn't cry...until she got home.

Day two, I got a call to come in. She was inconsolable wanting her Mommy. I went and sat with her a while and she got through the day. It was a rough start but she slowly but steadily gained confidence throughout the year, enough so that she looked forward to going back this year.

Last night was the year end program of Year Two for Sweetness. The same little girl who was terrified at least year's program..and refused to say anything at it, recited her bible verses and sang the songs with all her schoolmates. She recited a memorized poem with her classmates...all 2 of them! and wonder of wonders, read a verse all by herself...confidently and clearly...during her class's presentation.

I confess I was teary-eyed during her part of the presentation. The joy of seeing your child blossoming and growing is truly a gift from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)