Case in point: For our 25th anniversary, MWC decided to plan a surprise day trip for me. I had no idea where we were going until we got in the car in the morning. I guessed the city once I figured out which direction we were driving but beyond that I had no clue. I begged and wheedled and quizzed but he'd give nothing away..just had a silly grin on his face. He was quite proud of his plans.
First stop was great..day was looking promising. A Thai restaurant. Yummy!! I still could not guess Stop 2 and the more I guessed, the smugger that grin on his face got.
Stop 2 did not elicit the same response from me as Stop 1. I wanted to cry, throw up and go home all at once. My chicken self was rearing its huge, ugly head and causing me great anxiety.
So what was Stop 2?...a Segway rental place. MWC had rented Segways for 4 hours for us to tour around the city. My heart was pounding and I wanted to bolt. Ride a Segway on cobblestone streets and brick sidewalks, around people and traffic, ?? I've never ridden one at all. Was he out of his mind?
I got myself used to the idea and the courage to at least try it (the Segway guy asking me if I got married at 13 definitely helped my mood!). So I tried it. Okay, its not so bad. Maybe I can do this........then I tried my first hill. Thankfully the Segway guy (the sweet talker one) was on the hill waiting to catch me b/c he knew exactly what I'd do. Back to square one on the cry, throw up and go home desire.
Finally though after riding up and down the alley way and trying that hill multiple times I was ready to venture out. And guess what, it was a lot of fun! By the end of the day, I was whizzing around and even able to slalom light posts and enjoy it!
So once again, I have learned something new, done something fun, and I am a better woman thanks to the awesome man I married 25 years ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)