Today I held a 1 month old baby girl. I didn't believe it when I held my own 1 month old baby girl over 17 years ago that she'd be grown up before I knew it. How many times did I hear "they'll be gone before you know it" and "time flies" when my kids were little? How many times have I heard myself say it lately?
Last week, that baby boy I just held a short while ago, climbed into his car and drove 1000 miles on his own to return to college. Today, the baby girl I just held a few days ago, got into her father's car and drove the baby boy I held yesterday over 80 miles to their grandparents.
I still have 2 littles at home and when I think ahead to 12 more years of full-time parenting, it sometimes seems daunting. (hey, I am a little older and a lot more tired this time around). However, I know that "tomorrow" they will driving off as well so I am determined to savor these moments (spilled milk, tattling, bickering and all!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)