Another One Leaves the
Nest
With my apologies to Queen
Frog drives happily
down the street,
His car’s gassed and
ready to go
Tinted windows, and I
can’t see him,
But I know he’s ready
to go.
Am I ready? Am I ready
for this?
One more chickie goin
out on his own
Out of the door, off he goes
Out of the door, off he goes
Taking a part of my heart.
Another one leaves the nest
Another one leaves the nest
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one leaves the nest
Hey, I'm gonna miss you too
Another one leaves the nest!
Another one leaves the nest
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one leaves the nest
Hey, I'm gonna miss you too
Another one leaves the nest!
How do you think I'm
going to get along?
Without you, when you’re
gone.
You’re such a force
within our home,
It’s not the same when
you are gone!
Are you happy? Are you satisfied?
That’s just what I want for you.
You’re all grown up, and out the door,
You’re my little boy no more.
That’s just what I want for you.
You’re all grown up, and out the door,
You’re my little boy no more.
Another one leaves the nest
Another one leaves the nest
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one leaves the nest
Hey, I'm gonna miss you too
Another one leaves the nest!
Another one leaves the nest
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one leaves the nest
Hey, I'm gonna miss you too
Another one leaves the nest!
Another one leaves the
nest
Another one leaves the
nest
Another one leaves the
nest
Another one leaves the
nest
Hey I’m gonna miss you
too
Another one leaves the
nest!
There are plenty of
ways you love a son
And want to have him
around.
You can hold him.
You can push him.
You support him when
he’s up
When he’s down.
But you’re ready, yes you’re
ready for this.
You’re standing on your
own two feet.
Out the door, and off to
life you go,
Taking a part of my
heart.
Another one leaves the
nest
Another one leaves the nest
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one leaves the nest
Hey, I'm gonna miss you too
Another one leaves the nest!
Another one leaves the nest
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one leaves the nest
Hey, I'm gonna miss you too
Another one leaves the nest!
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)