Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A little catch up

How have I not been here since January?? Easy....life.

Today someone told me I should blog.  "Well," I blushingly responded, "I actually have a blog."  Maybe I should get back to it a bit. I enjoy it so I'm not sure why I neglect it.

It would take pages to play catch up for all of life's trials and blessings of the past six months, so I'll just share the highlights.

In March, during a routine colonoscopy, the doc discovered I had a hot dog sized appendix which needed be removed.  It was a time of testing ...and gratitude...as it was confirmed that I was spared not only cancer, but significant complications due to its early discovery.  I am thankful for the excellent medical care I received and for the Lord's mercy to me in sparing me a more formidable path.  (I'll share photos of the other highlights but I shall spare you the gory photos of my legendary appendix.  They are not for the faint of heart.)

MWC and I celebrated 30 years of marriage in May.  He surprised me with a romantic getaway (which we took in late June) to several CA places we enjoyed while he was in grad school in the early days of our marriage.

Selfie at Lovers Point, Pacific Grove, CA

Catalina Island
And in early June, Frog Prince graduated from USAFA.  Words can not express our gratitude to the Lord and our pride in Frog Prince for this accomplishment.  We, his entourage of 20 family members and friends, enjoyed celebrating with him in Colorado Springs.
The Parade Contingeny of his entourage.  

The long awaited moment...MWC commissioning our son.

Some day, I may look at this photo and not get teary....but not today.

Father/son salute

Graduation Day




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)