Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I drank the Kool-Aid on Amazon Prime Day

I didn't realize I was drinking the Kool-Aid.  I just thought I was finally following in the footsteps of my own personal kitchen guru and BFF "LFT" and taking advantage of a great deal by buying the Instant Pot she'd been recommending to me for several months.  I quickly learned I was just one of 215,000 that took advantage of the deal and have since entered the IP cult.

LFT has told me she has used hers every day since she got it.  I'm following in her footsteps on this one.

It arrived one hot sunny day and has been a workhorse since its arrival.

I joined the FB page for Instant Pots.  I'm pretty sure the membership was at 80,000ish when I joined.  Its now over 90,000.  That's a lot of Kool-Aid since Amazon Prime Day.  LFT shoulda bought stock!

I started playing immediately and did the water test to check the pressure.  All systems go.

 A sane person would start with some simple recipe like boiled eggs or steaming vegetables.  I've never professed to be sane...especially in the kitchen where I have no qualms trying out new recipes on unsuspecting guests or making alterations to recipes on first attempts...so my first attempt was a little more involved....Texan chili which I found on another blog.   LFT told me the IP would make my meat super tender and my dishes more flavorful. She was not kidding.  The meat in this chili literally dissolved in my mouth (which was awesome given my TMJ makes chewing big chunks of meat difficult!).  The chili was delicious straight out of the pot and just got tastier with each passing day.

It was love at first pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)