Friday, July 29, 2016

Diving into the IP cult

Since its arrival, the IP has been used daily.  Its arrival was timed perfectly with my birthday gift...a new recipe holder made from an old wine barrel.  It holds my IPad and cookbooks perfectly as I work.  *Sunshine and Sweetness are just added beauty perks for this photo op.*

I have used the IP for boiling eggs (I'll never make them on the stovetop again!)  Even Sunshine was incredulous as to how easy they were to peel.

Quinoa cooked on high pressure was a wonderfully easy and the plumpest and tastiest I've ever made.

This yummy pasta dish was thrown together quickly between a doctors appointment and date night with MWC.  With no prep work done ahead of time, it was on the table in 35 minutes...even with the pasta needing a tad bit more time (user error) and my having to run a second pressure cook on it for a couple minutes.


Sunshine and Sweetness are not accustomed to sandwiches for lunch...having not had to pack any for school so many years..and prefer taking leftovers or mac and cheese for their lunches.  Making homemade is too much of a pain so we've relied on the organic boxes from Costco for the past year.  No more.  Macaroni and cheese was super easy.  I am still on the lookout for THE recipe we will use regularly but we did enjoy this batch.  It was simply a matter of making the macaroni and water in the IP and stirring in milk and cheese.  I thought the recipe as posted was a little bland and stirred in some parmesan.  I will be playing with different types of cheese and probably try a sharper cheddar in future.
I will also have to learn to adjust amounts..or they'll be taking it every day of the week or feeding their entire class.  This batch was too large and has lasted several days.  Leftover mac and cheese just isn't quite as good as freshly made.

And because not all meals are pasta...this delicious Mongolian Beef recipe was gobbled up in one sitting.  This one - served with rice - will definitely be a repeat performance at our dinner table.




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)