Conversation at dinner last night:
MWC: I filled in the biggest rat hole so hopefully they won't get through that one anymore. I put both mousetraps next to the smaller hole that they use so if they come in that way, maybe we can catch them there.
Me: Well I think that is more likely to just set the traps off as they run by and not catch them. They only catch them if they are actually positioned to eat the peanut butter.
MWC: Well that obviously hasn't been very effective since we've only caught one. This way, the traps will snap at them when they try to come through and hopefully be a negative reinforcement to them for coming that way.
This is the same husband who years ago on an anniversary trip, as we sat beside a lovely, tranquil duck pond chatting, trained the ducks to tap his foot 3 times to get a morsel of bread.
So for those who have been concerned that MWC's just want to analyze everyone they meet, rest assured that unless you're a wild animal needing some experimental behavioral training, you're safe to just relax and chat with my MWC and are not subject to his professional interests.
MWC: I filled in the biggest rat hole so hopefully they won't get through that one anymore. I put both mousetraps next to the smaller hole that they use so if they come in that way, maybe we can catch them there.
Me: Well I think that is more likely to just set the traps off as they run by and not catch them. They only catch them if they are actually positioned to eat the peanut butter.
MWC: Well that obviously hasn't been very effective since we've only caught one. This way, the traps will snap at them when they try to come through and hopefully be a negative reinforcement to them for coming that way.
This is the same husband who years ago on an anniversary trip, as we sat beside a lovely, tranquil duck pond chatting, trained the ducks to tap his foot 3 times to get a morsel of bread.
So for those who have been concerned that MWC's just want to analyze everyone they meet, rest assured that unless you're a wild animal needing some experimental behavioral training, you're safe to just relax and chat with my MWC and are not subject to his professional interests.
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)