Saturday, August 18, 2012
Another lesson learned from not getting my way
I obviously need this lesson, as I keep having it over and over again.
God's way is NOT my way and His way is ALWAYS better than my way.
Case in point: MWC was in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany all week. He had to go for a training conference. I REALLY wanted to go with him. It was a favorite place to go when we lived in Germany. However, our girls do not have the proper passports to travel anywhere besides the US and the UK. We checked into getting the proper passports but it couldn't be done in the time frame we were looking at.
I confess, I moped and felt sorry for myself.
However, it has actually been a very good week. It started with an impromptu lunch invitation on Sunday and a very nice afternoon with some new friends. We also met and spent time with 2 families in our neighborhood, both within walking distance and both with daughters close in age to Sweetness and Sunshine. I attended a ladies bible study and met many new women and got to know some acquaintances better, and the girls met a whole LOT of children.
In addition to a rich, social life, I was able to prepare for our schooling which begins on Monday and to spend some wonderfully, creative, relaxing time working on my scrapbooks.
So while a week in Garmisch with MWC would have been delightful, reality is it would have perpetuated my isolated world of just MWC and the girls. Instead the Lord, left us behind to venture out and expand our little world here in England, planting roots here and once again begin to confirm:
HOME is where the Air Force Sends You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)