There are two truths I try to live by, "there is no such thing as a bad assignment" and "an assignment is what you make it." Sometimes that is harder than others.
Moving to England has been such an assignment for me. I know its crazy, England is an AWESOME assignment. I know it but leaving my 3 adult children in the states has made it a huge challenge for me.
So each little perk of being in England has been an encouragment to me and a great reminder of God's blessings poured upon me amidst the challenges involved in this life as a military wife. Sailing with a new good friend. A lovely visit to a tearoom with Swan. An evening at the theater with friends. Multiple lunch invites by loving people anxious to welcome us to this new place. These are just a few highlights of the many perks we have already experienced in our short time here.
As if these were not enough, the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to see not one but two Olympic games. First we went to the USA v. Korea game, and as I blogged about earlier, I missed the one and only goal. Certainly a disappointment but the truth is, I was still at a USA Olympic game. Never in a million years, would I think that could happen to me.
Last night's USA semi-final game more than made up for that one missed goal. Being in a roaring crowd cheering for your country in a match that literally goes down to the last 30 seconds of overtime is a definite high. Even watching the recap in this video on BBC's Olympic site, brings back the adrenaline rush.
USA v. Canada Womens Olympic football recap
So while a winning football game can not fill the space in my heart and home that has been left empty by the absence of all my children being with me, it is a reminder to me of God's abundant mercy in blessing me fantastically with good things in spite of the sinful, thankless attitude that is way too often present in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)