Yesterday, Sunshine fell and broke her arm. Being the seasoned Mom (experienced with 3 of my own broken bones and 4 broken bones of older children) and computer addict that I am, I posted a prayer request on Facebook for my friends and took her to the ER, leaving Sweetness home with MWC. I was pretty certain it was broken but also knew it wasn't a serious break. I did not call my older children and apparently that was a major faux pas on my part.
Clone called my cell phone and left me a message demanding to know if there was something I should be telling him about his little sister that he shouldn't be learning from friends on FB.
Swan called MWC and wanted to know what was up.
Frog got home shortly after I put her to bed. I told him he might want to go tell her goodnight and let him know what she'd done. He ran up those stairs like the house was on fire to see for himself that she was fine. Then later lectured us that he should have been notified immediately with a call or text that she'd been hurt.
Well, poor Sunshine might have a hard-hearted mama who can't discern a true emergency when she sees one, but at least she's got older siblings to look out for her and keep her mama on track.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)