Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Decluttering High

A never ending battle of moving so often is that battle that wages within...what to keep, what to discard.

I have packrat tendencies that all this moving has certainly made a pretty decent dent in obliterating.  However,  those tendencies still raise their ugly head.  I like it. I MIGHT need it at the next house.  Its practically new.  It is new, I never used it.  I'll have wasted my money if I don't keep it.

Today I tackled my linen/storage closet.  I was pretty careful about what we moved here...I thought.  From that one closet alone, I ruthlessly filled 3 large trash bags...2 to donate and 1 that is trash.  I got rid of things I'd not used since we arrived! I had things in there that I'd not used in a while but "might need some day."  Today I decided that if "some day" hasn't come in 2-1/2 years here, its probably not coming...and if it does, I'll replace them "some day."

MWC has taken the trash bag to the dump for me already, I will donate the others first thing this week when the place is open.

I actually feel giddy and free at the moment.   Perhaps those packrat tendences are finally being put to rest.  Time will tell...as I tackle the other umpteen closets and drawers in this house. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my decluttering high for the day.




1 comment:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)