Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 6 - Joy is

Joy is creating cherished memories and traditions with my family.  

Every year I make ornaments for each of my children.  I love the creative outlet it gives me as well as the memories it creates as they dig through the boxes finding theirs, reminiscing on the years they were made, and the joyous time we have together.  Even when we are not all together for this part of it, I still find great joy in our ornament tradition, thankful for all the years we have been together.

*the little candle ornament is very special to me..my grandmother did the lacing work and a box of them was found in her attic when she moved to assisted living.  I stitched the centers that year, making it an extra special year of ornaments in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)