Thursday, September 5, 2013

Up, up and away

I do not like heights. I do not like tight spaces.  However, I am a mom and a  mom can conveniently overcome such obstacles when her child is involved.  This my friends is the ONLY explanation as to why I agreed to fly in a Cessna in Colorado Springs over Parents Weekend at USAFA.  Frog wanted to take me flying and I wanted to see my boy in action so up we went.

My trusty pilot...who denied himself the pleasure of freaking his mom out with some exciting maneuvers.
At the beginning of our flight..'The Springs"

Frog had seen this gorge on an earlier flight and wanted to take me to see it. It was the only time I was really nervous..as we had to fly pretty high to avoid the mountains and it was windier up there so we had more turbulence.  As you can see though, the view was worth it.

Maybe next year, MWC can make it to Parents Weekend and Frog can try out those maneuvers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)