Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nightime adventures in an English garden


Last night upon returning from taking the babysitter home, I walked into my garden to find a large, brown critter in the center of my patio.  My  heart plummeted.  For a split second I thought General Rat had returned...and grown!  "MWC!!" I squealed as calmly as I could.

Then I noticed the tail, or lack thereof.  Huge sigh of relief.  So while I waited for MWC to come "rescue" me I worked on my nonchalance. "Come look at this cool hedgehog," I calmly said as he FINALLY came outside. (I'd have died of a heart attack had it been a rat so fast was my knight in shining armor!)

Mr. HH had waddled over to the side of the patio by now.  I could just imagine him thinking,"if I stay very, very still, she won't see me."  But he was wrong, and I did.  MWC stood guard while I ran and got the camera.

As we came into the house, MWC asked me suspiciously, "so did you call me to see the cute hedgehog or to rescue you from a rat?"  And men say they can't read their wives minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)