Things for which I'm thankful in regards to life's latest lemon....in no particular order...
Its only an illness...there is an end in sight.
It is not a debilitating illness, just a painful and inconvenient one.
I do not have shingles on my face.
I have access to excellent medical care and caring physicians.
Swan has been here since Day One to watch girls and help out.
Swan has been a rock and my champion in making sure I didn't do too much and offering support and encouragement.
Swan is home and practicing her piano, providing me with hours of enjoyment as I rest on the couch.
I have such a lovely young woman I'm blessed to call daughter that 3 lemonade ingredients involve her.
I have a loving family...not just Swan...who are willing to help me out and take care of me.
I have two sons who have been calling or messaging me to check up on me.
I have friends who have been making sure Sweetness and Sunshine are entertained and giving them outings so they are not cooped up in the house with me. My family was also here to provide a very pleasant distraction for them.
I have friends who were happy to have me over to their house for a time of fellowship who were content if I had to eat and run or nap on their sofa as my well being and energy demanded.
I live in England..I'm not really missing out on beautiful sunny days and wishing I was outside.
I'd lost 5 pounds in the weeks preceding the illness so that my inactivity is bringing them back but no additional pounds, thus far.
And most significant of all, the hellish torment of the pain has given me a glimpse (albeit a very small one I'm sure!) of eternal torment apart from Christ, and I know that my suffering is only of this world thanks to the love of Christ and his sacrifice on my behalf.
Its only an illness...there is an end in sight.
It is not a debilitating illness, just a painful and inconvenient one.
I do not have shingles on my face.
I have access to excellent medical care and caring physicians.
Swan has been here since Day One to watch girls and help out.
Swan has been a rock and my champion in making sure I didn't do too much and offering support and encouragement.
Swan is home and practicing her piano, providing me with hours of enjoyment as I rest on the couch.
I have such a lovely young woman I'm blessed to call daughter that 3 lemonade ingredients involve her.
I have a loving family...not just Swan...who are willing to help me out and take care of me.
I have two sons who have been calling or messaging me to check up on me.
I have friends who have been making sure Sweetness and Sunshine are entertained and giving them outings so they are not cooped up in the house with me. My family was also here to provide a very pleasant distraction for them.
I have friends who were happy to have me over to their house for a time of fellowship who were content if I had to eat and run or nap on their sofa as my well being and energy demanded.
I live in England..I'm not really missing out on beautiful sunny days and wishing I was outside.
I'd lost 5 pounds in the weeks preceding the illness so that my inactivity is bringing them back but no additional pounds, thus far.
And most significant of all, the hellish torment of the pain has given me a glimpse (albeit a very small one I'm sure!) of eternal torment apart from Christ, and I know that my suffering is only of this world thanks to the love of Christ and his sacrifice on my behalf.
Praying for you! hope your days are better and thanks for the inspiration
ReplyDelete