Yea, as if.
MWC got his assignment this week, and wouldn't you know it, its exactly where I said I didn't want to go! It was his original first choice of course, but being the great guy he is, he wanted to go where I wanted to go and had changed his priorities. (not that we had any say in the assignment this go around, but his heart was with mine.)
Also, being the great guy he is, he didn't hold it against me ..just me against him.. as I was still crying when he got home from work.
There will be an ocean between 60% of my children and us. MWC will have a very demanding, challenging job. The timing of the move has all the possibility of being a logistical nightmare. I'll have to homeschool the girls full time, no more Tuesday/Thursday breaks. We'll be far from our parents. I could go on and on for all the reasons I didn't want to go.
But the bottom line is, regardless of where I want to go or not go, the Lord will send us where He will.
A month ago, I went to a women's gathering where we all shared verses that meant a lot to us. I shared Psalm 37:4 which says Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. My prayer was that I would desire where He would send me. Less than 24 hours after my initial reaction, I'm happy to report, that He's done just that.
Its going to be the best assignment for us for this time of our life and all will be well. *There* is the center of God's will, and there's no place better.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)