Sunday, March 11, 2012

They say the devil is in the details

but I know better who is really in them!  He certainly tempts me with them as I get caught up in the minutiae of packing/planning/organizing a big move while homeschooling, preparing for 2 graduations and 2 trips to see Clone and Swan, and maintaining our daily life.

Someone told me yesterday that I seem so solid and steady amidst it all.  If she only knew the bouts of churning my innards go through at times!

And yet, she's right.  There's so many details and uncertainties surrounding this move and yet daily, and sometimes hourly, I see God's hand making things fall into place.  He has me on solid ground.

Just a few of these details: 
We found our property manager last fall thinking it was way too early to talk to him and then upon discovering we are moving months earlier than expected,  it was nice to just make one phone call and out he came. (and he'd been contacted just days before by someone looking for a house like ours.  Don't know if that'll be our tenant but the detail's a reminder)

I needed to make a phone call on a day running lots of errands.  The camera was broken at the first store where I went for passport photos. I went somewhere else, and there's the person I needed to call.

I posted on FB that I needed someone to come take the fish out of my pond so I can empty it and fill it in.  8 hours a later a very nice man was emptying my pond.

My printer was acting up on a day I had some very important documents that needed to be printed out and delivered to doctor's offices to get our medical clearances, I called my friend, she printed them off and delivered them to me 30 minutes later, when we were already planning to meet.  No extra time or hassle required.

We might already have a car lined up to buy upon arrival in England... and its a red Beamer!! woot!

I confess at times I do get a bit overwhelmed at the sheer amount of work staring me down, but in spite of it all, underlying it is the peace that all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)