Sunday, February 12, 2012

Don't talk to Strangers

Don't give anyone you meet on the Internet your phone number, your home address, your picture, pictures of your children...

Many years ago, I don't even remember how many now, it seems I've known these women my whole life, I broke every one of these rules.  Clone teased me for setting such a bad example, especially when I went to visit 5 of them for a whole weekend one beautiful fall and then invited them to our house the following summer!  (The house, by the way, was chosen by me with the help of one of them, whom I met in person for the 1st time the day we met with the realtor and looked at 14 houses in one day.)

As a military wife, I have to start over with new friends every few years or so.  However, with technology, and a few broken rules, the Lord blessed me abundantly with my portable friends.  I can take them with me wherever I go.

Sadly, 2 weeks ago, one of these dear friends left the reaches of technology. After a 4 year journey with breast cancer, she is home at last free of the pain and sickness that has ravaged her body, but not her soul.  She has entered the presence of the Lord and is now fully healed and pain free. 

She has left a void in all of our lives, and I'm sure I'm not the only one of our little group, who wishes for more messages from her in my inbox, but we will see each other again when our journey here is complete, and we each enter the presence of the Lord and no longer have to rely on technology to praise Him and serve Him together.

In the meantime, I'm thankful for technology and the wisdom to discern when to "break the rules" which resulted in the Lord blessings my socks off!

1 comment:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)