Monday, January 9, 2012

But, but, what about me??

Today's guest post brought to you by Clone's crutches.

So I see how it is.  After 5 months, almost to the day, of faithful service, this is the thanks I get?  5 months of being your sole means of getting around.  (Yea, I know you got pretty adept and macho at hopping about on one foot, but really, could you have done that for 5 straight months? I don't think so.)

I have been utterly and totally abandoned..left in the bedroom you have repeatedly said you are not returning to.  You are going to be a big shot college graduate and heading off to live on your own after graduation. Sure you'll come back for a visit, but do you really think your mother is going to let me stay here when she turns your room into her craft room and guest room for others?

Try to see my point of view.  You're not a small guy, in fact you're just downright tall.  I was stretched to the limits to reach your armpits.

Speaking of, I spent 5 months in your armpits.  Nuff said.

I opened doors for the ladies so you could continue to be your gentlemanly self in spite of your injury.

I was passed around from friend to friend and taken on little adventures away from you, wondering if I'd be held responsible for falling down on my job when you couldn't find me and were rendered immobile.

I thought I'd have my freedom in October, but nope, you needed my service longer and I stayed on faithfully in spite of the fact that you seemed none too pleased to extend my presence in your life.  I tried not to take it personally. 

I had the honor of accompanying you and dancing for you on the Homecoming Court..to which I went naked while you got a fancy tuxedo to be nice and spiffy. I didn't complain though.   It was your moment after all.

I had to have my picture taken with soooo many people.  I got used to the life of celebrity and now I am a nobody.
 
I can handle not being a celebrity anymore. After all, it was you I did it all for.  You could have least said thank you and goodbye though before you left.
 
I do find some comfort in the fact that I've only heard "the dump" mentioned in relation to that boot.  I have hopes that I will be passed on to serve someone else,  hopefully one more grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)