Friday, October 7, 2011

My heart is ready....3 years later

We moved here a little over 3 years ago. At that time, I was 1000% convinced, it was to be my last military move. MWC was to retire and let me stop moving OR ELSE!  It.was.not.pretty.

Over time, the Lord has been working in my heart.  It has been a slow process as I've not been OPEN to it at all but He has been gracious and gentle in His dealings with me.

MWC has what I call "job ADD".  He can stand about 3 years in a place (4 if its Europe) and then he's antsy and ready to move on and try some new adventure.  These days, 3 years is about how long it takes me to open up my heart and actually feel truly connected in a place.. 

So this summer we hit the 3 year mark and we've been at an impasse. He wants to go, I want to stay.  He wants to stay in, I want him to retire.  I confess I've been bitter and angry with him at times.  All of this has been accentuated by the fact that in June his promotion board met.  With this promotion,  our choice of assignments greatly diminishes as does his say in them.  If he is promoted, we're looking at another 3-4 years in and at that rank, probably moving more often..

The release of the promotions from this board has taken a bit longer than usual.  Again, proof of God's gentleness with me.  Had they been released in August..the earliest we could have heard..I would not have been ready.  September, not then either.  Now, in mid-October, I will be ready.  (We will hear next week)

I am now at peace waiting for whatever the Lord has for me.  I will be disappointed if there is no promotion because it means MWC will be disappointed and I truly want him to be happy.  Even a few weeks ago, I am ashamed to say, I couldn't have cared less if he was disappointed.  For myself, I have total peace that the Lord is sovereign and know I can be content with His plans for us.

Now could someone please just remind me of this blog post if and/or when I'm surrounded by boxes and having to say good-bye...again.  I'm sure I will fall on my face again and need to be reminded of God's sovereignty and His gracious dealings with me.

For now though, I'm thanking and praising the Lord that He grants us His peace and that's He's softened my heart to the point of experiencing it.

4 comments:

  1. M, I think this is a great example of how the Lord gives us the desires of our hearts - Not that we necessarily get what we want, but that he plants His desires upon our hearts at just the right time. I applaud you for allowing the Lord to work on your heart in this way. I know that life as a military wife must be very hard. If I haven't said it before, THANK YOU for the sacrifices you have made on my behalf as an American citizen. I'm sure there will be a special jewel in your crown one day! Praying that His peace continues to rest on you in the coming days. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Melissa. I must interject that when Craig got out of the AF we thought our moving days were over. That was 1995 we have moved 5 times in the last 16 years. That is almost an average of every 3 years. God continues to stretch us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it has to be at least you're sort of at a good time for it - Frog will be graduated and not have to move schools. My high school best friend was an army brat and they were due to move on again - for her senior year. Thankfully (from her perspective - and her friends', and especially her boyfriends' lol), her dad retired. If it had been a year before or a year after who knows. I'm sure whatever you and MWC and the AF decide, God will have something awesome for you next.

    ReplyDelete

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)