What can I say? Frog was a feisty little tadpole. Always extremely bright and energetic, he could be quite challenging at times. As a young tadpole, I had concerns about what his adolescent years would look like. If he's this feisty as a tadpole, I'd wonder, what in the world will he be like as a frog?
I am happy to say that my fears of Feisty Teen Frog have not matched the reality of Feisty Teen Frog. In my fears, I did not see the glimmers of the emerging Prince Frog as part of the metamorphosis. (Oh me of little faith, forgetting the grace and mercy of God that He pours upon us.)
Since he was a tadpole, Frog has wanted to join the military. Since he was a tween tadpole and dear friends took him to the AF Academy, he's wanted to go there. He has been steadily and faithfully working towards that goal ever since.
Over the past month, he's been diligently working on his application to go. Part of the process is to get a nomination from your senator, congressman, or in Frog's case, as the child of an active duty member, perhaps a presidential nomination. Yesterday, he got that presidential nomination!
He is moving forward to accomplishing his goal and realizing his dream!
Perhaps one day, I'll be posting about Frog, the Prince Pilot.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)