Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Queen of Denial - hey it works!

As a military wife, deployments are always a possibility. There is a system so I know when MWC is "in the window" to deploy. This is a 6 month period in which he is vulnerable to be tasked for a deployment.

People inevitably ask "so when will MWC deploy again" to which I always respond, "never." he, being the mental health professional he is as well as a man of high integrity, does not think this answer is healthy or honest. For me, its a matter of survival.

Do I really think he'll never deploy again? Realistically, no. Do I HOPE he never deploys again? ABSOLUTELY!

I have told him my state of denial is an effective, acceptable coping mechanism and he is not to try to change me or teach me otherwise. If and when deployment orders come, I will remove my Denial tiara, don my military wife cap, put on my big girl panties and do what I need to do and deal with it. Until then, let me be Queen in my own Kingdom of Denial.

A few days ago, he commented on the end of his window coming up today. To which I responded, "you've been in the window???" It sounded vaguely familiar like I must have known about it. However, being Queen that I am, I'd pushed it completely out of my mind.

Knowing how scientifically minded that he is, I pointed out that this was proof positive that my means of coping - AKA denial - was indeed effective. I've spent the past 6 months in complete oblivion and happy as a clam.

I rest my case.

3 comments:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)