Friday, May 7, 2010

A Swan by any other name

My beloved Swan says she needs a new name on my blog. With bruises on both knees, scrapes all over, a great serve in volleyball and a passion for sports that rivals any boy's (with the ability to beat most she plays with to go along with that passion), she says she is definitely not beautiful or graceful.

While I do shake my head at the bruises and scrapes and tend to wonder what next? I have to disagree with her evaluation of herself as not lovely or graceful. I am her mama of course so I will admit I might be slightly biased.

She is indeed beautiful - inside and out. She has a sweet spirit and desires to please the Lord in all she does which makes her truly beautiful in my eyes.

As for graceful, she may be covered with bruises and scrapes, but it takes a certain amount of grace to play sports at her intensity and ability and not have more significant injuries. Her graceful moves are spent on the field or on a court, not a ballet stage, but they are graceful nonetheless.

So my dear Swan, you may have a few not be as white as some swans, you may glide more aggressively than your typical serene swan, and you may have crumpled feathers from all your exploits but as far as I'm concerned a swan is a swan is a Swan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)