Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mr. Romantic

MWC=Mr Romantic?? Normally I would have to be told to stop laughing hysterically at such a suggestion. MWC is much better at showing his love is consistent, practical ways. Romance is not his forte.

However, when he applies himself to it, he sure is good at it.

Monday was our anniversary. He'd told me he'd made dinner reservations for us that night which I was very pleased with. I usually take care of all of that. I thought that was very romantic and was quite happy. Little did I know.
Monday morning he got up and got dressed and headed off to work as always. Around 9ish, the doorbell rings and the littles start squealing that I have flowers. Sure enough, there are flowers on my doorstep but no sign of who may have delivered them.
A card was attached to the bouquet of roses (one rose for each year by the way). In the card,was a sweet note asking me if I felt up to running away for 24 hours (I'd had a stomach bug all weekend). I called MWC and told him after that I'd certainly try. So 5 minutes later, he walks in the door to take me away. He'd made reservations for us at a bed and breakfast and arranged for Clone to keep the littles. (He'd also asked a friend of mine to "make plans" with me for Monday - she told me she had the day off work! - so that my day would be committed already)
Because I was still not 100% it was a very low key getaway - leisurely strolls and resting and people watching, but we had a wonderful time nonetheless.
The kids teased him that he's set for another 5 years or so now, he really was Mr. Romantic this anniversary.

1 comment:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)